Skip to main content


M DelCharco Jr., MD, LLC -  - OB-GYN

M DelCharco Jr., MD, LLC

OB-GYNs & Urogynecologists located in Ocala, FL

Dr. DelCharco of M. DelCharco Jr., MD, LLC has nearly two decades’ experience addressing issues of the female pelvic organs and associated structures. Through advanced urogynecology, he is able to treat a range of conditions affecting both men and women in the Ocala, FL area.

Urogynecology Q & A

What is urogynecology?

Urogynecology is a sub-specialty under the branch of medicine known as gynecology. Doctors who work in urogynecology are frequently trained in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery—two subspecialties for which Dr. DelCharco is board-certified.

Reasons to see a urogynecologist may include:

  • You are experiencing urine leakage.
  • You are having difficulty emptying your bladder or rectum.
  • You are experiencing pelvic or bladder pain.
  • You have noticed a bulging in your pelvic region.
  • You have been diagnosed with a dropped bladder or rectum.
  • You require specialized expertise for vaginal surgery.

If any of the above describes your current situation, call to schedule an appointment with Dr. DelCharco today.

What kinds of conditions are associated with urogynecology?

A urogynecologist is competent at treating pelvic floor disorders. These disorders involve the muscles, ligaments, and connective tissue located in the lower pelvis that are responsible for supporting the pelvic organs. The pelvic organs include the bladder, bowel, rectum, uterus, and vagina.

Pelvic floor disorders arise when there is a tear in the connective tissue or a muscle weakness in the pelvic region. This may happen after childbirth, chronic disease, menopause, pelvic surgery, or repeated strenuous activity. Lifting heavy objects, genetics, and tobacco use may also contribute to the development of pelvic floor disorders. These disorders include bowel control problems, overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, stress incontinence, and vaginal deformity.

Why should I choose Dr. DelCharco as my urogynecology specialist?

If you are suffering from a condition affecting the pelvic floor, Dr. DelCharco is the physician you should see. With nearly 20 years of experience, he has diagnosed and treated a wide range of urogynecology issues. Being board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Dr. DelCharco is professional, compassionate, and highly skilled in this area. Plus, his office is the only one in Marion County to be inspected by the State of Florida and approved to perform level-2 office surgery.

To learn more about urogynecology or how Dr. DelCharco can help treat your pelvic floor disorder, call for an appointment.

Accepted Insurance

For your convenience, we accept most insurances. If your insurance company is not listed please call our office and we will be able to check your specific coverage. Also, if you are seeking a new Insurance policy for next year and need to verify if Dr. DelCharco, Jr. participates in the plan you may be interested in, verify that “Florida Woman Care” is part of the participating list because Dr. DelCharco, Jr. participates under this group name. Our Weight loss and 4D Ultrasound procedures and treatments are typically NOT covered by most Insurances. Please call our office for more information about alternative payment options and financing available.

Allegiance Life and Health
Allied Benefit Systems
Assurant Health
Bankers Life and Casualty Company
Blue Cross
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Century Healthcare
Coventry Health Care
Freedom Health
Our Locations

Choose your preferred location